While horses are outdoor animals by nature, they still need occasional protection from the elements, whether it’s the summer sun, the winter wind, or just the occasional thunderstorm. However, giving your horses the shelter they need shouldn’t break the bank. Our run-in sheds are designed to be an easy, affordable solution to horse shelter. For folks that aren’t ready to build a full barn, a horse run-in is the way to go.
Our horse run-ins are constructed on a sturdy base of pressure-treated lumber runners. Metal siding and roofing are the most common exterior and an overhang on the front provides extra shade and protection from rain or snow. Our run-in sheds can be built to include a tack room or feed storage area.
Standard Features on Run-in Sheds
To build a run-in shed that will hold up in the pasture, it’s important to start with the right materials. Besides all their customizable features, our horse run-ins come standard with:
- Pressure-treated 4×6 runners
- Walls framed at 24” on-center with top and bottom wall plates
- Wooden wall lining to protect horses and the run-in walls
- Trusses with steel gussets
- A durable metal roof
- A front overhang, boxed in and finished with the same material as the siding
- A 6-year workmanship warranty on all run-in sheds