Delivery & Shed Foundations
Your Prefab Building & Shed Delivery Solution
Esh’s Delivery & Shed Foundation options make receiving your new Building Solution easy!
We offer free delivery (except custom-built, on-site projects) within 50 miles of any of our dealer locations. Beyond 50 miles, it’s a simple per-mile fee. Contact us for more free delivery info.
To provide shed delivery and shed foundations, we rely on several local companies, as well as our own in-house team. We can help schedule the installation of your shed foundation and we’ll take care of planning the shed delivery. If you are unsure about what type of foundation your building needs or have questions regarding delivery, we’re happy to help!
Prep & Considerations
Watch for obstacles like gates, buildings, & trees affecting your clearance. (Buildings can extend up to 11-13 ft. off the ground.)
Terrain & Slope
The steepness of the terrain can greatly impact reaching the intended location.
Showing our team pictures & videos of the potential site can be quite helpful.
Delivery personnel only accept installations in safe, reachable areas.
For optimal results, it is suggested that structures be installed on a well-prepared site with a leveled gravel base. However, if this is not feasible, concrete blocks may be used. Choose from the 3 options below to prep your site for your new prefab building or shed!
This is probably the most common shed foundation in Kentucky and Tennessee. It’s simple and easy and works best for small cabins and sheds.
- Choose well-compacted soil as the base, and only recently filled dirt if it has been properly packed.
- A combination of blocks and shims may be needed in the leveling process.
- To prevent stability issues and limited access, avoid setting the building on any significant slope. Keep the building height a maximum of 3ft.
- Our customers are to supply their own concrete blocks. We’ll install and level your shed at no extra charge as part of our delivery service. If necessary, our shed delivery driver can also supply concrete blocks for $3 apiece.
For an extra sturdy and long-lasting shed foundation, a gravel pad is the way to go. Gravel pads are excellent for allowing water to drain correctly. We require a gravel shed foundation for all our portable garages and we strongly recommend it for other buildings.
- The continuous runner support prevents settling and improves door/window function.
- Be sure to use compacted gravel (#57) for a sturdy base.
- A level pad is needed for a direct set.
- Build a pad using treated 4×4 posts and level with gravel. Make it 2 feet larger than the building for support.
We’re happy to help you plan the installation of your gravel shed foundation and we can also recommend reputable contractors who will do the work to the proper specs.
This is, of course, the most permanent shed foundation. We require a concrete foundation for our custom garages, which are built on-site. A concrete pad can provide a very sturdy base for any type of shed, though.
- To ensure our buildings have the proper support, we are happy to provide details on the necessary specifications for your concrete foundation or footers.
If your shed settles over time, it may need to be re-leveled, which we can do for a fee. Remember to check with your local government for any regulations or permits to place a shed on your property. “Setback” requirements may apply.
How We Deliver
We use several types of custom-built shed moving equipment to ensure that your shed delivery goes smoothly and that we’re able to get your building exactly where it needs to go.
For properties with easy access, our shed-hauling trailers are all it takes. We can back right up to your shed location and simply roll the building into place from the trailer.
For locations that are harder to reach, we use a purpose-built machine called a Mule to navigate your building into place. During a shed delivery with the Mule, we place dolly wheels under one end of your shed while the Mule lifts the other end. The building becomes like its own trailer and we can roll it directly to its final location.
Sheds Ready for Immediate Delivery
Free Shed Delivery
We offer free delivery of all our buildings (except custom-built, on-site projects) within 50 miles of any of our dealer locations. Beyond 50 miles, it’s a simple per-mile fee. We want shed delivery to be the last of your worries!